First Impressions Program
This page contains training resources for the First Impressions program, along with information about First Impressions programming being carried out in the region. If you have resources you would like to include here, please email them to Kristen Devlin (email@example.com).
First Impressions Training Resources
Visiting a Community — Visitor’s Manual from WVU Extension
This 16-page manual (PDF), developed by WVU Extension, focuses on the tourism aspects of a destination developed to focus on tourism aspects of the destination.
Visiting a Tourism Facility — Visitor’s Manual from WVU Extension
This 19-page manual (PDF), developed by WVU Extension, focuses on the visitor-related aspects of tourism facility.
Examples of First Impressions Programming in the Northeast and beyond
- First Impressions in Connecticut
- Resources and Tools from UConn, including videos, maps showing where FI has been carried out in CT, and links to adaptations of FI being carried out around North America.
- First Impressions in New Hampshire
- First Impressions in Michigan: Assessing communities for tourism
- Check out the June 2021 webinar that team member Andy Northrop (MSU Extension) gave showing First Impressions success stories in Michigan.
- First Impressions in West Virginia